Sunday, July 12, 2009

Boxing Nathan



Nathan's understanding of language seems to be increasing by leaps and bounds each day. His use of "language" is improving, too, although his vocabulary still consists mainly of dada, mama, nana, tata, etc. He uses all kinds of inflection with those "words" so we know he's on his way to talking soon.

Today I was trying to pack a box of unused things around the house just to make space for more baby stuff and Nathan was "helping" as usual. He carried the box out of his room as I was getting the pile of things together. He walked back in a few minutes later when I was ready to start packing. I said, "Nathan, bring Mommy the box" thinking that was wishful thinking. He tootled out of his room and I heard John say, "Oh my gosh..." and then I looked over to see Nathan carrying the box into his room...a funny sight given that the box was as big as him almost!

I've heard people say that the time between 12 and 18 months is so incredible for language development and we're learning that it's all true. We're so excited to hear his first real words...to finally get a window into his little mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment