Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Conversations of the Day

(Discussing what to have for lunch while driving in the car)

Me: How about ABC soup and peanut butter and jelly?

N: Yeah, that sounds good. (Thinking...) How about Cars soup (noodles shaped like Cars characters...total gimmick)? I don't like ABC soup...it has 'eewww' stuffs in it.

Me: What is 'eeww' stuff?

N: Vegetables...Cars soup doesn't have vegetables in it.

Me: (Trying sooo hard not to crack up and wondering what happened to my "all foods are delicious, even the healthy ones" boy...guess he's really growing up!)

Later in the afternoon, while pretending to be a fireman...

(Carrying bicycle pump around) Look Mommy, this is my hose!

I know, I need my jacket! (Runs off to get fireman raincoat).

Can you help me put it on, Mommy? (I help so he can put his arms into the sleeves and I pull the hood on...I purposefully leave the clasping to him because he always wants to do that himself)

Looks at me "Mommy, help me with the seat belts!" (love it!!)

Uses his bike pump/fire hose a few times and then exclaims, "I need a mask!"

(Me thinking on my feet)I grab a paper cup, some yarn, and voila! A real fireman! He worked on figuring out some sort of air tank next, but we never did come up with anything...he was happy enough with his get-up though...so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment