Thursday, March 1, 2012
Bedtime Giggles
Both kids skipped naps today and were particularly squirrely by 6pm. I was fighting, with all the grace and good cheer I could muster, to herd them through putting on pajamas, reading stories, brushing teeth, and going potty. If you know how wacky over-tired kids get, you can just imagine how this multi-step routine just begs for chaos. At one point, both kids had their toothbrushes but had run, squealing, out of the bathroom and were in the living room, lounging on the couch and brushing. I scooped Nathan up, and laid him back on my lap saying, "It's dentist time! Let me check you teeth!" He thought that was pretty funny and was surprisingly compliant. I'd just about finished his teeth, and he said, with the million-dollar grin that he has, "Excuse me, dentist. Can I have a toy now?" And we both exploded in giggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment